A Youthful Offense Should Not Wreck Your Child’s Future
On paper, the juvenile justice system is about rehabilitation and second chances. In reality, the system often emphasizes punishment and labels that have the opposite effect.
If your son or daughter is in trouble with the law, their future is at stake. Juvenile proceedings can adversely affect their education and employment, not to mention their psychological development. When you hire Pelta Law, you get a true advocate for your child. I will not let them be railroaded or punished too harshly. I will fight for their fair treatment and a sensible resolution.
Call me immediately at 628-258-8458, no matter what charges your youth faces. I handle juvenile delinquency cases throughout the San Francisco Bay Area.
Juvenile Delinquency And Juvenile Crimes
The juvenile system covers offenses ranging from mischief and delinquent behavior to serious felony crimes. I handle the full spectrum of juvenile matters, such as:
- Shoplifting and theft
- Assaults and fighting
- Domestic violence and stalking
- Underage drinking and DUI
- Racing and traffic offenses
- Drug possession or dealing drugs
- Burglary and trespassing
- Status offenses (chronic truancy, running away, breaking curfew)
I have also represented minors facing possible prosecution as adults for violent felonies such as sexual assault, robbery or carjacking. I will fight adult certification to keep teens in the juvenile system where there is more focus on rehabilitation instead of locking them away for years.
Juvenile Defense By A Former Prosecutor
Juvenile court is different from adult court. The proceedings are not public. There are no juries. Rather than a finding of guilt or innocence, the judge reaches an adjudication to decide the youth’s fate. I advocate for my young clients at every stage, including:
- The detention hearing: I aim to get minors released to their parents rather than being held over in a juvenile detention facility while their case is pending.
- The disposition hearing: The judge might impose fines, restitution, probation or community service. They might order substance abuse treatment or mental health counseling. The youth could be sentenced to home detention or sent to a youth correctional facility.
My background as both a criminal prosecutor and a defense lawyer gives my clients an edge. I know juvenile court procedure and how to assert your son or daughter’s rights. I know how to cast doubt on the allegations. I know how what mitigating circumstances may influence the judge’s decision and sentencing.
I Am In Your Son Or Daughter’s Corner
Above all, I am focused on limiting the consequences and preserving my client’s future. If your child has been arrested or ordered to juvenile court, call me at 628-258-8458 for a free consultation, or contact me online.